Freebies4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freebies4All

A place to post and share Freebies

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doing it at Home

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:20 pm

Many of us always look for ways to save money. Some of us have things we use at home such as homemade soap or cleaning supplies. Sometimes even home remedies to illness. whats some of yours?

My gran used lemon juice and vinegar for tough to clean places.

Also vinegar smells but if you have a sunburn it helps take the heat out of it.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

Number of posts : 2174
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 2:38 pm

An inexpensive way to unclog a drain, Pour 1 Cup of baking soda down the drain and pour 1 Cup of warmed vinegar down. If you think the clog also has grease in it, add 1/2 Cup Salt with the baking soda. Let it work for severa minutes (I always leave it set for about 30 min to an hour) then flush with boiling water.
Back to top Go down
IstaHunwi
Advanced Member
IstaHunwi

Number of posts : 1101

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 6:07 pm

Doing it at home? Umm hubby?! LMAO
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 am

LMFAO!!!! ISTA !!!!!! HMMM what can I say she got it right...lol
Back to top Go down
IstaHunwi
Advanced Member
IstaHunwi

Number of posts : 1101

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:57 am

Hehe. He was the only thing that popped into my head. Wink LOL
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:54 am

well i will have 2 agree with ista.. hubby lmao

but my mother inlaw told me the best way 2 clean ur windows is: in water mix lil bit of white vinegar mb couple table spoons, a lil bit of bleach u get a streak free & clean window
Smile
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 7:00 pm

drinking a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with a cup of water will get rid of heartburn immediately
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 11:12 am

when I have old t-shirts or clothes that I am going to throw away , I will cut or tear them into cloth size pieces and use them for dusting , wipeing , ect , any type of cleaning. When I am done I usually throw them out. This saves my laundry and papertowel use
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Number of posts : 1410

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 pm

I use old socks that have holes in the toes for dusting and cleaning then toss them when done. I've taken old t-shirts and made pants or shorts for the grandkids, helps recycle them before I throw them out.
Using newspaper to wash windows with vinegar cleans them streak free. I use hair spray to get ink out of clothes before I put them in the washer.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:53 pm

I think thats so cool you sew and can make clothes. I wish that was something I had gotten into and watched while my gran was sewing. she used to make us all kinds of stuff even dolls , and comforters for our beds.
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Oh Cher - it's not to late to learn. Find a neighbor who knows how and barter- it's easy, really once you get going. There are blankets and pillows you can make with fleece that dont need sewing. Ponchos or capes too you can make with fleece and no sewing.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 6:12 pm

I got me a kit to make mocassins! got one shoe done , it looks pretty cool
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 6:05 pm

whoohoo! That sounds fun and neat! I've never made mocassins - - you will have to put a pic of them on here so I can see them when you have them done!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:05 pm

To keep at ants at bay from your house, Pour a line of Pine Sol (regular) around the outside border of your home.

To repelle mosquito's ~ Take an old rag, set it on fire and place in a metal dish or pan. Onceit sarts burning fairly good, turn the flaming part over on itself with in the rag and let it smother the fire out but still smolder causing it to smoke. I bet you don't get a bite at all now, may not be the best smelling thing, but you won't be bothered!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Hmmm, just thought of something, I wonder if adding a few drops a a smell good on the rag would help make it smell better while smoldering it - like maybe some vanilla or something?
Never tried that.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:39 am

use the spice "cloves" to make your tooth numb if it hurts. Just put it up on the gum around the tooth.I swear this stuff works I did it , got it from gran (god bless her she is gone now)
Cloves look kinda like tacks you put them in ham when cooking.(yes its a spice)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doing it at Home Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing it at Home   Doing it at Home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doing it at Home
Page 1 of 1