Freebies4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freebies4All

A place to post and share Freebies

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what changes?

Go down 
+2
teletalker
Cher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Number of posts : 1658
Registration date : 2008-05-05

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Elections are coming soon. What changes are on your mind that you would like to see for the United States?
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-05-06

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Better healthcare!!!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

Number of posts : 2174

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:07 pm

National improvement in our economy, better schooling for our children, healthcare reform, welfare reform, alternative fuels sources more available and affordable, stop spreading our military so thin across so many countries and involving them in wars for personal vindetta's, equal rights and pay for all regardless of sex, race, religion and sexual preference, less jobs exporting out of country and more coming back into the country.
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:28 pm

OIL prices drop.. lol no umm really i would like better, health care, better school systems, better jobs for all Smile
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:45 am

I also would like tos see Healthcare , thats one of the top. Too many people go without here.
My next is Homeless on the streets. This is getting larger and larger . Something needs done. For this to be the "Land of Opportunities" we sure show it a funny way.
The hungry , food cost too much , people that you would never think of going to a food bank are starting to go now. Some middle class are showing up in places so they can get by as well.
Employment , I would like to see some jobs here( I been actively searching for over a month with over 75 aps in and no calls back but 2) and not only that but make them pay us to match what we pay out in rent food and bills!

I would like the politicians and President to be more honest and stop the LIES! Honesty is integrity. Without those how can these people lead us?
Back to top Go down
teddybare812
Advanced Member
teddybare812

Number of posts : 251

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:24 pm

This is off subject but, I believe in being supportive of some other countries, but with as much money that is sent to help other countries for various reasons, there is no reason that anyone in this country should go homeless, hungry or without healthcare. They need to start spending that money right here in OUR country.
Back to top Go down
Lillen
Advanced Member
Lillen

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-08

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Something definitely needs to be done about healthcare. People are literally working less hours so they'll qualify for full medicaid - something is drastically wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 pm

Not in this state Lillen. If you didn't just have a baby, you get no healthcare benefits through the government what-so-ever. They give mothers 36 months of healthcare coverage starting from the time of pregnancy. No one else, childern, disabled and elderly can get medical help.
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:44 pm

Boy that's bad Dream - here children can get coverage and their parents. Disbled and elderly are able to get help here too- but the big gap is from 18-65 - nothing, not any kind of help here for that age group unless they have children. Single adults are left out completely.
Something needs to be done about the inflation as opposed to wages - wages do not go up to even counter inflation.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 8:25 pm

same here Tele , singles get nothing. That guy that works at the grocery store dont make enough to afford the company insurance ao what is he supposed to do? I guess get sick and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 3:01 pm

I meant to say no else except children, elderly and disabled can get medical help. Under paid and overworked people - you are on your own and most companies charge you almost $200 a month for singles and like $500 a month for family plans (those are on average), even through your employer. So I have no insurance, The one offered through where I work will cost me approx $190 a month and it literally pays for nothing. You have like a $500 deductible with it also, and won't touch any medical until you have paid out the $500 first (then it is only a percentage like around 60% or something) and this is for a single plan. Just not worth it and seriously can not afford it! If I had an extra $200 a month, I'd much rather put it into a savings plan than to pay a company who is basically not gonna pay for any medical for me.
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 5:45 pm

omg Dream! My bf ins is same way!!! Pretty much worthless cuz the deductible is so high. The company I work for has a supplement plan- too expensive for the nothing it does too so I have no ins. I can't afford it - is as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 11:19 am

DreamWeaver wrote:
I meant to say no else except children, elderly and disabled can get medical help. Under paid and overworked people - you are on your own and most companies charge you almost $200 a month for singles and like $500 a month for family plans (those are on average), even through your employer. So I have no insurance, The one offered through where I work will cost me approx $190 a month and it literally pays for nothing. You have like a $500 deductible with it also, and won't touch any medical until you have paid out the $500 first (then it is only a percentage like around 60% or something) and this is for a single plan. Just not worth it and seriously can not afford it! If I had an extra $200 a month, I'd much rather put it into a savings plan than to pay a company who is basically not gonna pay for any medical for me.

I understood you the first time , and you are absolutley right. Working americans can not afford that , Well unless you count the ones making over $75,000 a year. But honestly how many people do we know that do? There are more poor and poverty now that there are the well off. Not only the adults going without but children as well. If mom and dad are making say $2200 a month for a 4 or 5 person family , they too are cut off from medical . After rent , utility bills , and food here in florida there is nothing left. And then try to add in insurance costs , deductables ect. there is no way at all. What alot of people fail to realize, is these families are not just a certain ethnic race , they are not lazy people not working and just living off the government. These are people that can not qualify because they do work. Oh and then you hear all the time "save in your 401k for retirment" well I ask how is that possible when you dont have the means to do so.
Many comapnies are being sold to foriegn buyers , many companies are shutting down , we are loosing hundreds and thousands of jobs monthly here in United States each month. Yes month. Then take in the fact that many jobs go overseas. This is all causeing a terrible chain reaction. No jobs means no consumers , no consumers means , higer prices and even less jobs. Something needs to happen quickly to save this land. We are seeing the dominoe effect now.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 2:47 pm

Yes, they do cut children off of medical if you make over a certain amount per month also. There are over 100,000 people a year dying in the US simply because they have no insurance and can not afford to pay for medical expenses. They die needlessly of illnesses that they could have gotten medicine for and been fine, but due to lack of coverage and lack of income to pay for care, they in turn do not seek medical help. Over 54 million Americans have no insurance coverage at all. This is just insane and truely is an area that needs to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:44 am

SAD!!!!! we care more about other countries than our own. Must be something in it for the politically inclined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what changes? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what changes?   what changes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what changes?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freebies4All :: Chit Chat and whatever else!-
Jump to: