What is your decorating style?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alias
Advanced Member

Number of posts : 1212
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: What is your decorating style?   Fri May 29, 2009 2:41 pm

Can you tell I am extremely bored with some time on my hands? Once again in a effort to get to know everyone, I thought this might be fun.

I guess I would say my style is "Shabby Chic". While I am not exactly a tree hugger, I am a left over hippie from the 70's...waste not, want not or better yet, one man's junk is another man's treasure is my motto. Recycle, recycle, recyle...I truely believe in it. Thank god, hubby leaves the decorating to me. Between the hubby, kids, and inside pets my decorating style works for me. While most of my house is decorated from other people's hand me-downs, yard sales, thrift stores, etc...I can honestly say I am particular in what I purchase and I love my house. We live in the country and the look I was going for was comfortable and lived in. While I have ocd (everything has a place, and it better be in it), there is nothing "fancy or uppity" about the place...sit down and put your feet up on the coffee table (they had just better of been wiped before coming in Laughing ).

Last edited by alias on Fri May 29, 2009 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo, which I am famous for)
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin

Number of posts : 2549
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: What is your decorating style?   Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 am

I would say mine is about the same as yours, yea some do call me a tree hugger but I love the stuff from the 70's. I would of loved to be the age I am now back in the 70's I could of had a blast!
Back to top Go down
http://freeplease.forumakers.com
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500

PostSubject: Re: What is your decorating style?   Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:50 pm

I have no idea what my stye is .. modern maybe i dunno .. LOL
Back to top Go down
Kriss
Ast. Admin

Number of posts : 4262

PostSubject: Re: What is your decorating style?   Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:13 am

LOL I have no idea what my style is either, but it's definetly "lived in". I guess I tend to like the country decor. But most of my walls still have no pictures up yet (we've lived here almost 3 years now affraid ) The kitchen, bathrooms and kids' bedrooms are the only ones that are actually decorated. So I guess my style is pretty pathetic right now Shocked

PostSubject: Re: What is your decorating style?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1