Freebies4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freebies4All

A place to post and share Freebies

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Rain Catcher.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bluewolf
Advanced Member
bluewolf

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2008-05-06

My Rain Catcher. Empty
PostSubject: My Rain Catcher.   My Rain Catcher. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:13 am

Here's some pics of my rain catcher setup.
330 gallon tote was $85

A view of the plumbing. This is a 1hp-9.5 gallons/minute pump from Ebay ($60) I still need to cut in a union so I can take it apart in the fall. I tee'd
off the output and sent 1 side back to the tote, closing this valve slowly builds pressure in the hose. We got 2.5 inches of rain last week and it easily filled.

My Rain Catcher. 3589773324_910b35ffdc_o

Side view

My Rain Catcher. 3588965727_e31d5f5081_o
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

Number of posts : 2549
Registration date : 2008-05-05

My Rain Catcher. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rain Catcher.   My Rain Catcher. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:20 am

Blue that is so very cool, I have been trying to get my hubby to do that for years! I will show him this when he gets home.
Back to top Go down
https://freeplease.rpg-board.net
Kriss
Ast. Admin
Kriss

Number of posts : 4262
Registration date : 2008-05-05

My Rain Catcher. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rain Catcher.   My Rain Catcher. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:26 am

That is very neat. I've been talking about doing that too. But I haven't even got my hubby to hook me up a hose outside yet, so it will probably be a while Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://freeplease.rpg-board.net/forum.htm
Lillen
Advanced Member
Lillen

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-08

My Rain Catcher. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rain Catcher.   My Rain Catcher. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:16 pm

That's cool Blue... my mother's companion has a similar setup with a rain barrel ... he dips water out of it to wash the car, water the lawn, just about anything. They're on "city water" there, and have to pay for every drop, so it's a real money-saver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Rain Catcher. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Rain Catcher.   My Rain Catcher. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Rain Catcher.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Freebies4All :: Gardening Tips-
Jump to: