Freebies4All
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freebies4All

A place to post and share Freebies

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Childhood candy

Go down 
+4
DreamWeaver
IstaHunwi
Cher
Nikki
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nikki
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Favorite Childhood candy Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 pm

When u were a child was there ever a candy that u just loved?
We wanna hear about, it could be a candy that is no longer made or candy that is still made. Give us a brief descrption of what it looks like and tasted . Whatever it is don't be shy tell us .

Mine till this day has 2 b the smarties candies. They look like tiny asprin rolled up in a wrapper. I can explain the taste but they r good. If ever i need a sweet pick me up its this candy .
drunken
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Number of posts : 1658

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 1:09 pm

I forget what they are called but I am thinkin candy buttons. little colored dots of candy on a sheet of paper.or the huge jawbreakers.(big like the size of a softball) I think you can still find them at the mall in a candy store
Back to top Go down
IstaHunwi
Advanced Member
IstaHunwi

Number of posts : 1101
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:56 pm

I loved Sixlets. I recently found out they still made them! I hadn't seen them until Easter. Needless to say I bought a bag to have my lil bro and hubby try it. I also loved the Chik-something Sticks. They were a long breadstick looking thing that was hard and crunchy and tasted like peanut butter. Think butterfingers without the chocolate and in a hard breadstick style. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

Number of posts : 2174

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Ah yes Ista, that would be a Chick-O-Stick!!! One of my fav's! I also liked those wax bottles you get with the different colored liquid in them. Oh and Payday candy bar.
Back to top Go down
IstaHunwi
Advanced Member
IstaHunwi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:33 am

OMG! That's it! Very Happy Thankies for telling me the name. It was driving me batty, lol.
Back to top Go down
bichonlover1
bichonlover1

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:55 am

I loved the B-Bats. They were kind of a taffy sucker on a stick. I remember chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. Loved those. That was the day of penny candy. We could go to the store with a nickle or dime and think we were in hog heaven.
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

Number of posts : 1410

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 3:46 pm

I used to get taffy in long pieces, pink with white stripe in between the pink. It was flat and I don't know the name but know I liked it! 7 up candy bars, they dont' make them anymore but there were 7 bites to it, each with a different filling making one candy bar.
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

Number of posts : 2549

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:34 pm

oh I loved allof that kind of candy, but I really loves cow tails, they were the best ever
Back to top Go down
https://freeplease.rpg-board.net
IstaHunwi
Advanced Member
IstaHunwi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:16 pm

Do I dare ask? What is a cow tail? Question
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 pm

They still make them Ista. If I remember they were like carmel or chocolate wrapped around a vanilla type center. I do know they are still in the stores around here.
Back to top Go down
IstaHunwi
Advanced Member
IstaHunwi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:46 pm

Lmao. "Sorry honey. I'm busy eating a cow's tail. I'll be in there in a minute.' LMAO Too funny.
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:26 pm

Teletalker, would that flat taffy of yours be called Laffy Taffy by chance?

OH, and saltwater candy!!!! I almost forgot.
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Nikki

Number of posts : 3500

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:56 pm

MMM salt water candy mmm lol
how about bazooka joe gum the one with the cominc wrapped around it ? that was awesome . they used 2 be like 5 cents.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Oh yes. They ahd such great flavor but the gum always got hard to chew fast. But, then that was just an excuse to get out another piece and chew away! LOL.

What about fireballs and fish. Fish were a penny a piece and you would get a small paper sack of 25 of them. Especially at the concession stands during our softball games.
Back to top Go down
Lillen
Advanced Member
Lillen

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Lmao.. I love Cow Tails too, Donna! ... and Swedish Fish tongue

The "7-Up Bar" sounds really interesting ... what kind of filling/flavors were in it, Teletalker? Sounds like something they need to re-issue! Razz
Back to top Go down
Donna
Admin
Donna

Number of posts : 2549

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:15 pm

Lillen wrote:

The "7-Up Bar" sounds really interesting ... what kind of filling/flavors were in it, Teletalker? Sounds like something they need to re-issue! Razz

OMG I forgot about the swedish fish, they are great, what about the chicko-sticks. I think that is what they were called.
You know I went to the Cracker Barrel with friends and they have candy that is boxed and its all candy from the 60's, 70's and 80's
Back to top Go down
https://freeplease.rpg-board.net
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:09 pm

Lillen wrote:

The 7 up bars had 7 differnet fillings- I don't remember all of them but one sectoion was jelly filled, one carmel, one like a fudge...see now that's sad I can't remember the rest but they were good! lol It was many years ago tho. I do wish they'd bring them back.
Back to top Go down
Lillen
Advanced Member
Lillen

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:20 am

teletalker wrote:

The 7 up bars had 7 differnet fillings- I don't remember all of them but one sectoion was jelly filled, one carmel, one like a fudge...see now that's sad I can't remember the rest but they were good! lol It was many years ago tho. I do wish they'd bring them back.

I found this online: "Seven Up, a bar composed of seven small, candy-box-style chocolates welded together. Its original incarnation featured four types of caramel, a Brazil nut, coconut, and jelly; by the time it was phased out in 1979, dark chocolate covered segments of mint, nougat, butterscotch, fudge, coconut, buttercream, and caramel."

That sounds so good. Very Happy I guess there is a similar bar called a "SkyBar" that you can still buy in certain places, but it only has 4 segments (caramel, vanilla, peanut and fudge).
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:15 am

I found this online: "Seven Up, a bar composed of seven small, candy-box-style chocolates welded together. Its original incarnation featured four types of caramel, a Brazil nut, coconut, and jelly; by the time it was phased out in 1979, dark chocolate covered segments of mint, nougat, butterscotch, fudge, coconut, buttercream, and caramel."

That sounds so good. Very Happy I guess there is a similar bar called a "SkyBar" that you can still buy in certain places, but it only has 4 segments (caramel, vanilla, peanut and fudge).[/quote]

Yep! That's it! yum! See- I never even thought of searching for it online. lol Thanks Lillen!! Very Happy At least I remembered a few of the fillings right. lol It was a long time ago. lol Never heard of the SkyBar tho, must not be in this area
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 1:05 pm

I remember the sky bars when I was growing up. I never see them anymore though. I haven't seen them for a couple of decades now...lol.

How about the candy cigarettes, the candy necklace, and the candy rings? I remember the candy cigarettes had powdered sugar coating inside the wrapper and I would "blow" (instead of sucking) on the end and it would resemble smoke coming out of the other end of the candy cigarette. And then they wonder why our generation thought it was cool to smoke!?!?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lillen
Advanced Member
Lillen

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:41 am

DreamWeaver wrote:
I remember the sky bars when I was growing up. I never see them anymore though. I haven't seen them for a couple of decades now...lol.

How about the candy cigarettes, the candy necklace, and the candy rings? I remember the candy cigarettes had powdered sugar coating inside the wrapper and I would "blow" (instead of sucking) on the end and it would resemble smoke coming out of the other end of the candy cigarette. And then they wonder why our generation thought it was cool to smoke!?!?! Shocked

I remember the exact kind of candy cigarettes you're talking about! Weren't they like a gum? I did the same thing... blew into the wrapper and the powered sugar would poof out like smoke. There was also a different kind of candy cigarette- it was almost like a hard stick of icing. The ends were always "painted" with red or pink food coloring to make it look like it was lit. I remember they tasted really good - but what on earth were they thinking? Remember the big cigars made out of gum? They came in funky colors like pink and green? We used to take the wrapper off and wear it like a ring. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Cher
Advanced Member
Cher

Number of posts : 1658

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:39 pm

big fist size jawbreakers!!!!
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 1:46 pm

LOL, yes Lillen they did have 2 different kinds of Candy cigarettes. I remember both of them and the red tipped hard ones. I totally forgot about the bubble gum cigars. Bringing back so many memories. I remember they had a candy shaped like a pacifier too and colored like one. My mother and father bought a Big bag full of all of those things when I came home from having my tonsills out. My tonsills were so bad I had to stay in the hospital for a week to get them down enough to operate on them. So my parents indulged me in candy upon coming home...LMAO. 4 years old plus a ton of candy items....where was their heads!?!?
Back to top Go down
teletalker
Advanced Member
teletalker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:03 pm

DreamWeaver wrote:
Teletalker, would that flat taffy of yours be called Laffy Taffy by chance?

OH, and saltwater candy!!!! I almost forgot.

I've been trying to think of what that taffy was called but can't remember- k, having blonde moment I guess. (or age catching me) but I don't think it was laffy taffy- wasn't that little squares of taffy sortof like star burst?
Back to top Go down
DreamWeaver
Ast. Admin
DreamWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 11:22 am

I thought the laffy taffy was flat and about 6 inches or so long.....I know what you are talking about because we used to buy them at the City Swimming Pool concession stand. Now ya got me racking my brain too trying to remember if that was what they were called. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Childhood candy   Favorite Childhood candy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Childhood candy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next